Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Xander

I feel like I've known you forever. You've always been by my side, quietly waiting in the wings for the right moment. Waiting until I met the perfect person to bring you into this world. When I saw the first pictures of you, I was amazed by you.

I stared at you for hours wondering what your life would bring you. What dreams would you dream about? What kind of father would I be for you? Could I be there for you always no matter what?

The first time I felt your kick it brought me too tears. Tears of joy, sadness, all of my triumphs and my disappointments brought into sharp relief by a single kick. I saw my childhood thru eyes removed of a jaded view. My childhood thru my fathers eyes.

I anxiously wait till we meet each other for the first time. The first time I hug you and feel your little heart beating next to mine. Watching you as you grow up by your side. Ill be there for you, the father I never had and have always longed for.. you will have that father.

No comments:

Post a Comment