Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

3 days grace

Driving home through the darkness, my lights illuminating the endless asphalt in front of me. I turn the radio off and open the flood gates. My emotions spill out upon me. My memories drifting in the currents of my soul.

I relive your arrival in this world and in my life. I was so scared not knowing what to do, not knowing if I would be a good father? All I knew was I would do the best I could for you. I live my life partly with you and partly without you. Living for the days I get too spend with you.

When I'm not with you, your always on my mind. looking into the rear view mirror only to see an empty seat where your car seat is when your with me.
The best times in my life are when I have you in my arms. Your smile and your laugh brings me so much happiness.

The saddest times for me is when I drop you off. I take a deep breath and bring you inside, kneeling down in front of you and I kiss you goodbye, telling you I love you and I'll see you again soon. I walk out and get in my truck wiping away my tears and trying to be tough.

I wish that things were different, I wish I could be with you all the time. But things just weren't meant to be that way.

Your too young to understand what it means when I tell you that I love you, I just pray that when I hold you in my arms that you can feel the love I have for you. Its only then that I find the grace in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment