Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chalice

Tears rolling down my cheeks.
A countless stream to water the barren soil of my soul.
Wearing my heart on my sleeve fully exposed to the elements.
Putting it out there to be loved or destroyed.
Held together with strings and tape in danger of falling to pieces in my hands.
I gave it with no reservations what so ever.
The first kiss so pure and magical. Rain coming down in torrents all around.
Brushing your soaked hair from your face I lean in.
My lips touching yours, electrified my soul.
Your taste was an essence of purity, divinity.
It was then that the seed of love took root deep inside me and started to blossom singing a sweet melody.
For all I was for all I am or will ever be I gave it to you when I gave you my heart.
A chalice holding my love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment