Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Weight

All my life I've carried an incredible weight.
A weight pressed upon me by things out of my control.
A weight so heavy that I'd given up trying to find a way to get rid of it.
Like Atlas I carried the weight of my life on my shoulders.
I climbed the highest peaks only to watch that weight fall to the bottom again.
I was doomed to repeat that climb over and over again.
My chains were so tight.
Cutting off hope and love.
Then I watched as you came into this world.
So pure and beautiful. With your first cry you took that weight from my back.
I was able to stand straight and true.
When I leaned over and looked at you and you wrapped your tiny hand around my fingers you broke the chains that bound my soul for so long.
I felt your love so strong in your tiny hand.
You washed away all my sadness and grief from my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment