Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tower

The breeze is light, a faint scent of lilocs and jasmine in the air. The moon clear and full in the midnight sky. The light throwing the shadows in relief across the littered landscape.

A tower standing in the middle of the landscape partially destroyed, large chunks of granite strewn about the land like childrens building blocks.

Walking amongst this graveyard of expectations, one see's the power and strength this mighty tower once held, now reduced to rubble in once was a field of dreams. I walk to the base of the tower and place my hands on it. The vibrations of life race thru me, like the roar of the surf breaking against the rocks it drops me too my knees.

I hear a voice, faint, off in the distance, growing closer, it beckons to me in a seductive tone.

"This once was all yours, rebuild me as I was. Make me whole again."

The dawning of an epifany. This once majestic tower was and is me. The broken disguarded pieces of stone in the field were my ideals and my beliefs. All I was and all I could not see. Cast to the four corners with an ease that belaid their weight.

Awakening from what surely was a dream, the moonlight thus replaced with sunlight. The light shining brightly across the landscape, what I took for a graveyard in the darkest of nights is anything but.

Surveying the rubble I see opportunity now, the stone of the tower once darkened with soot and anger, now beholds a different color. The color of hope and possibilty.

Two choices now, two roads put before me. I can rebuild my tower. I can reshape the stone blocks, shape them with love, understanding and clarity of heart. The foundations of my tower are still strong, and unchanged. Yearning to be built upon. A new creation upon the old.

The other road leads to a darkend landscape away from my tower. Looking upon the horizon of that road I see thunderheads and lightning dancing a macarbe waltz across the sky. To journey down this road is to surely give up. Sourrender to the sorrow of a life less imagined.

For I know what choice I will make. I will become the stone mason laboring thru the days rebuilding my shattered tower. My blood, sweat and tears shall make it whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment