Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Door

I've walked thru the door so many times.
Coming and going as I pleased.
Never giving a thought to the possibility of one day finding that door closed and locked.
The days and months rolled by and I continued to come and go.
Life so vivid and full of possibilities till I found the door closed and locked.
How could this be?
Had I done something wrong?
I didn't have an answer to that question.
Every day I tried the door but still it remained locked to me.
I watched as others passed thru this door unencumbered..
I walked too the door and laid my hands on it.
Solid to the touch.
So many things I had never noticed before.
Full of dents and cracks.
Splinters torn out of it in places.
Amazing that it had withstood some much abuse.
I wanted so badly to go thru the door.
I knocked and banged on that door.
Putting my weight behind me I tried to shove my way in.
Still the door held solid and strong.
I'm left with no choices or options.
Do I continue to knock on the door or do I give up?
So here I sit next to the door hoping that the next time I try it I will find it open again.

No comments:

Post a Comment