Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear Lord

You knew me long ago. You made my heart that beats in my chest. You blew breath into my soul and sent me here. You loved me in an instant for all eternity.
I remembered once the sight of your face. As I grew older I forgot what you looked like.. For each mountain you put in front me I struggled to the top. Each time I reached the summit I asked "why, what have I done to deserve this?" You never answered me. All I wanted was to hear your voice, feel your presence. Anything to let me know you cared. When you called my mom home to be with you, I cursed you. I sat next to her grave and screamed at you. I beat the ground and cried. Trying to rip that which you had given me from my body. You were dead to me. I had done the best I could to be a good person and to give others everything I had to give. It didn't matter to you. For every good thing I had in my life you eventually took it away. Why did you do this? Again you chose to remain silent. I decided that you didn't matter to me anymore just as I didn't matter to you. You chose to mark me to those who believed in you. So that they could always talk to me on your behalf, to lead me to the light that I had strayed away from. You knocked on the door trying to find a way back into me. No matter how hard I refused you stayed there always trying. Even though I no longer loved you or cared you still tried.. I wanted to believe in you, to see your face again so long forgotten.

I saw your face again Friday night when you brought my son into my life. Listening to his first cry I heard your voice. After all these years you spoke to me again. When he reached out and grabbed my hand I felt your presence. All those years I cursed you, you forgave me. For all those mountains I climbed you gave me the greatest gift you could. You gave me my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment