Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Web

A nightly battle ensues.

I find myself trapped once again by you. You swaddle me in filament of lies and deceit, blinded by my own heart. The weapon you use to torture me. When will it end I've asked so many times.

Why can't I let you go? You come to me in the darkness of night. A silent thief invading my reality whispering sweet endings of a time long past. Entangling my heart in your strings. I cut myself free only to once again become entangled in your web once I shut my eyes.

I've paid for my sins ten fold but yet you still come to me in the darkest hour before the dawn. Your words a silken lie, your touch a velvet robe to be softly embraced.Each night I embrace you. Each setting familiar to me as if I lived out a lifetime with you here.

My happiest dreams torn asunder to dissolve into an endless nightmare. For at the end of each night you devour my heart and soul. To send me back to the waking world a shell of myself only to hunt me again in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment