Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sands through the hourglass

On friday the magical clock of life ticks over from 34 to 35.
Its been an interesting 34 years of life. More downs then ups.
Year 34 was a catch 22 for me. It brought the greatest gift of my life to me. My beautiful little boy Xander. However, it brought a lot of sad and difficult times with it.

However, as I move on into this new year of life I take some pratical life lessons with me.

- The greatest gift in the world is watching your little boy come into the world and hearing his first cry, and feeling his first touch. Nothing can nor will compare to that.

- Learning that "Love at first sight" is very real and tangible. Its not just some feel good catch phrase made up by Disney

- knowing with every fiber in your being that you would walk through hell for him, and gladly trade your life for his without a second thought or regret.

- Nice guys do finish last. End of story

- Your health can be taken from you in an instant.

- I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up

- Closing a door is much more difficult then walking through an opened door

- Learning to live with who you are is never as easy as becoming who you want to be.

- You are the sum total of your life. The good and the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment